Saturday, February 20, 2010

Psychic Kids

So I tend to enjoy watching all manner of paranormal shows, I take most of them with a grain of salt of course, I am still and always will be a believe it when I see it type of person. So seem more legit than others, some are more entertainment than scientific. I know some would say that none of them are scientific, but then I dont discount things either just cuz some guy in a white overcoat says they are or are not possible.

So anyways, A&E has a new show called Psychic Kids: Paranormal Children. One thing I always had trouble accepting is psychics, I don't know why, when I accept that the possibility of EVPs, black shadow people and other such paranormal activity could exists... I guess it has to do with the fact that I will never be able to prove what they are saying, not really anyways. So at first, when I saw this show was going to be done I was a little wary, because now we are not only totally focused on psychics, but kids none the less. Would this exploit kids that had deeper issues? I didnt know.

As I have watched this show I now find myself wondering what there is to this. The things they seem to come up with are incredible. Do I know exactly what these apparent abilities might be? I dont know, I guess it raises more questions than it does answer. As I have watched other paranormal shows that use psychics to aid in investigations I always had to question what they were actually picking up. Spirits? Thoughts of those around them? What? I dont know. I find it all a little interesting.

I guess what truly disturbs me though is that all these supposed entities, or spirits or what have you seem to be stuck where they shouldn't be. I know... Norm... are you mental? Are you really buying this stuff? Well I dont know, I guess it concerns me more knowing that its possible, even if its not believable to everyone. And everything I have gone thru makes me worry about that. I wont say that I havent experienced things around me that give me pause, will I say Tami is still here in this house, no, I wont go that far. In fact I hope if its possible that she isnt, that there is something better than just being locked out of all of our reality looking in.

I wont even bring god into this, that is for another discussion. But all these shows, whether you believe or not deserve some looking into, the fact still remains for me that the Ghost Hunters still holds the highest level of believability to me just because they work so hard to disprove anything they might catch as evidence. At times I would like to try and find a way to open myself up to it more, to try and experience what others seem to. But then I am not big on messing with things I dont understand either.

I just dont know either way some days.

2 comments:

Caddie said...

Hi Norm. I have now finished reading both blogs - yours and Tami's. Being it is a year and a half later, guess you won't read this; yet I write. Wanted you to know that here is another who is very interested in psychic matters, having had many experiences myself. I do hope life is good or better for you. My brother has been going through the throes of colon cancer, recovering hopefully but now dealing with a broken back! He has NO energy whatsoever; even his voice is weak. So of course I worry and grieve. Grief takes a lot out of a body, no doubt but somehow usually we tend to bounce back into life. "That's life" as we often hear said. Good luck Mr. Norm. Yes, good luck and I hope the rest of your life is full and happy. Sincerely, Carolyn/Sissy

Norm said...

Hi Sissy, I still check in from time to time :)